Title: Chair, SEACT
Position Type: Fulltime Administrator
Search Type: External - minimum 7 days
Department: 21R000 - Science, Tech, Engineering & Math
Division: 2R0000 - Academic Affairs
Position Location: Richmond Campus
Driver Classification: Driver
Schedule Type: Full Time (37.5 hrs per week or more)
Hours Per Week:
Additional Schedule Details:
Posted Salary Grade: Chairs - 01
Contact Person: Dennis Field
Job Summary/Basic Functions
The School of Engineering, Aviation, Construction, and Technology Chair will…
● Provide dynamic collegial visionary leadership and direction to a School with a dedicated faculty and staff.
● Coordinate short-term and long-term planning with faculty and staff.
● Facilitate faculty and staff development, program assessment, curriculum review and development, and oversight of teaching and laboratories.
● Operate within a multidisciplinary teaching, research and service environment in such a way as to enhance excellence in these areas.
● Manage the administrative, fiscal, and instructional resources of the School.
● Ensure effective representation and communication between the School faculty, staff, students, dean and other administrative officers of the University.
● Recruit and support talented faculty and staff to fulfill the School’s mission of providing high quality instructional programs with practical applications.
● Coordinate with faculty in the development and renewal of academic curricula to account for changes in the industry.
● Effectively distribute faculty time between teaching, service and scholarship.
● Enhance existing student recruitment and retention strategies and actively plan and enlist new and creative strategies with School faculty.
● Develop and maintain professional relationships with alumni and stakeholders.
● Serve as a strong advocate for faculty, staff and students to ensure that funds are used equitably for compensation, professional development, projects, equipment, and travel.
● Lead School institutional effectiveness reporting for short- and long-term University strategic planning.
● Answer concerns of administration, faculty, staff, students and the public in a timely and appropriate manner.
● Teach undergraduate/graduate courses in area of expertise.
● Evaluate faculty and support staff.
Education: Hold an earned doctorate in a field related to the School’s programs.
Experience: Meet the requirements for appointment with tenure at the rank of professor or associate professor. Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage budget, personnel issues and conduct strategic planning.
Licensure & Certifications:
Sponsorship: This position may be considered for visa sponsorship.
Funding Source: Institutional
Open Until Filled: Yes
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.