Title: Student Worker
Position Type: Student
Search Type: External - minimum 7 days
Department: 23R000 - College of Ed & Appl Human Sciences
Division: 2R0000 - Academic Affairs
Position Location: Richmond Campus
Driver Classification: Driver
Schedule Type: Part Time, No Benefits (less than 20 hrs per week)
Hours Per Week: 20
Contact Person: Dr. Raymond Lauk- firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary/Basic Functions
The Department of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Leadership is seeking one or more student workers to support the “Talking Out of School: Stories of success, challenge, and resilience” (TOOS) project. The project has been awarded a grant to allow for 20 hours per week of student worker time, which may be divided among one or more students. The period of employment is roughly January through June 2023.
The selected individual(s) will work closely with Dr. Raymond Lauk, founder, curator and creative director of TOOS and will assist with a range of administrative and marketing responsibilities. The successful student worker will, among activities, attend all TOOS events (January 24, February 21, March 21, and April 18, 2023, from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
Administrative and marketing responsibilities include, and are not limited to, the following:
1. Help with the identification, recruitment, and scheduling of storytellers;
2. Ensure that storytellers represent the full diversity of the EKU community;
3. Obtain short bios to be used for storyteller introductions;
4. Obtain short testimonials from storytellers and audience members for marketing purposes;
5. Assist with the food and beverage offerings;
6. Track audience demographics and size;
7. Write and post announcements in EKU Today for faculty and students;
8. Develop relationships with local media, including the Richmond Register, WEKU, the Lexington Herald and Review, the Progress, and other media outlets;
9. Design and produce marketing materials, including banners, posters, post cards, flyers;
10. Post announcements and flyers around campus;
11. Help develop the marketing plan for this year and subsequent years;
12. Coordinate outreach for community sponsors for ongoing financial support;
13. Collaborate as appropriate with the TOOS podcast production assistant;
14. Design, create, and host a dedicated website;
15. Coordinate activities with other TOOS campus partners;
16. Coordinate ASL interpretation students to ensure that all TOOS events have sign language interpretation services;
17. Other tasks as assigned.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Raymond Lauk at email@example.com.
3. Website design and hosting
4. Knowledge of student organizations
5. Attention to details
7. Independent worker
Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the needs of the unit, available sponsorship budget, and the qualifications of the candidate.
Funding Source: Grant-Funded
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions: Apply through the EKU HR portal with a brief cover letter describing your background, experiences, and skills and how they relate to the desired skills and responsibilities. Please include two references, including name, relationship, phone number, and email.
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.