Title: Aviation Student Worker- Flight Line Attendant
Position Type: Student
Search Type: External - minimum 7 days
Department: 21R000 - Science, Tech, Engineering & Math
Division: 2R0000 - Academic Affairs
Position Location: Other EKU Location
Driver Classification: Non-Driver
Schedule Type: Part Time, No Benefits (less than 20 hrs per week)
Hours Per Week: 20
Contact Person: Jason Bonham
Job Summary/Basic Functions
EKU's Fixed Based Operation (FBO) at the Madison Airport located in Richmond/Berea is looking for a Flight Line Attendant.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet aircraft and take service order to include fuel and oil.
- Marshall departing and arriving aircraft on the ramp, including both visiting and EKU training aircraft.
- Maintain and record appropriate supply levels.
- Update arrival/departure board. Communicate customer needs to appropriate departments.
- Clean and organize work areas.
- Assist line department with wing walking, chocking, safety, and other requests as needed.
- Communicate aircraft information via radio, phone, and other electronic devices.
- When required, ensure that tie downs, power carts, pre-heaters, and chocks are available to visiting pilots.
- Refuel aircraft, as necessary, while ensuring that all fuel charge documentation is provided to the airport manager.
- When aircraft maintenance/repair services are required, provide liaison between the visiting pilot and the EKU maintenance support staff.
- Provide assistance to the airport manager, as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Licensure & Certifications: Must be EKU student
Sponsorship: Visa sponsorship will be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending upon the needs of the unit, available sponsorship budget, and the qualifications of the candidate.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts or any employment policy or practice.
Background Check Statement
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check.